Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Another reason we should probably celebrate half-Birthday

Vivien's Birthday is 10 days before Christmas. I learned today that she closely associates the two holidays.

Today is my Mom's Birthday. We called her to wish her a Happy Birthday. Vivien sang the song to her (I was totally shocked by this since she generally refuses). Then she told her Grammy that Santa Claus would be bringing her a lot of Birthday presents today. HA HA!!! Oooops. She also told her that we are having a surprise party for her (she lives in Florida).

I was laughing so hard, I was crying. When I got back on the phone with Mom, I told her that I guess I better work a little harder on distinguishing the difference between her Birthday and Christmas. Oh and to not be disappointed when there is no surprise party.

Vivien insisted that we need to go to Florida. I made the mistake of telling her that we are going to in a couple of months. Now she comes to me every few minutes and asks if it's time to go. Oh boy...it's going to be a long couple of months. I explained to her that Grampy is sick and has to have special medicine, and Mama can't be around the special medicine. So we will go when he is better. She just asked me again if he's better yet.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love the way their little minds work, and how they make associations. Cracks me up! :D

Samantha said...

Too cute! She is adorable with the things she comes up with! Sorry to hear that Grampy is not feeling well. I hope he gets better soon. I hope all else is good in your world. Can't wait til later on this week...boy or girl???

Hugs!
Samantha