Here we are two months until the big first Birthday! We are finally seeing a couple little sprouts in Vivien's mouth. Yes, her 2 bottom front teeth are coming in! I think nursing is getting ready to become a whole new experience for me.....
Vivien is now cruising the furniture and standing up with holding onto anything. She likes to stand up very quickly, which can sometimes cause her to fall back down. We are seeing a lot of new bruises, cuts and scrapes. It is really hard to watch her fall when we can't get to her in time, but I know that this is normal for this age to get a little banged up.
She loves playing with her playground ball. She stands up with it and throws it while giggling and screaming. She also likes to play peek-a-boo with her burp cloth. She was playing with me yesterday, and then I turned around to see her trying to play it with Speedy. He wouldn't say "Where's Vivien? There she is!", so she got tired of playing with him pretty quickly. She is also giving Mama kisses, but isn't so generous with Daddy. We are working on that.
It is that time of year that we will have to limit her exposure to the public. She will be starting her monthly Synagis injections (for RSV) this week, although, we still don't know if they will be approved by the insurance company this year. It's pretty frustrating, but I'm not taking any chances.
I'm intending on returning to school full-time in January. I was supposed to start at UTD, but I have applied to TAMU-Commerce since they have an excellent daycare program and my Mother-In-Law is a professor there. I am excited about finally finishing my Bachelor's Degree, but a little nervous since I haven't been in school since 1997. I'll be a junior/senior based on the number of hours I have. I just want to finish it so that I can feel like I've completed what I started so long ago.
Jim is getting ready to start 9 months worth of casualty training next month. He will be back at the Richardson office, which is MUCH closer to home than Duncanville. He will also be working Monday through Friday, with normal business hours. It will be nice for us to be able to spend more time as a family.
We are excited for Vivien's first Halloween. I will post pictures of her in her costume after Halloween. It's a busy month for us with various parties and get-together, plus my 29th Birthday is this month. Jim keeps asking me if I'll be 30, and I keep reminding him that unlike him, I still have a year to go. HA HA!
Thanks to all that were able to buy calendars. I will tell you that the cause is truly great. The head of that website has been assisting me this week with working with the insurance company to approve Vivien's RSV shots. She got me in touch with some of her connections at our insurance company. So please know that your money goes to family assistance and things like that, and we have already benefited from such a wonderful program.
No comments:
Post a Comment