Things have been pretty hectic around here, but I have some down time so I thought I would update.
Grammy came to visit for a week while Vivien and I were on spring break last week. Poor Vivien ended up with a double ear infection. Then she had an infection in both of her eyes. Then she started breaking out in hives, which we suspected was due to her antibiotics (Omnicef). She was in great spirits and only seemed to be feeling poorly the day before we found out she had infected ears.
We had to spend a couple of days isolated since she was contagious. So she and Grammy spent time coloring, building towers, and making a bracelet. They also played a game with the Nerf football in which Vivien declared to Grammy that it was "the most bestest fun ever". We also spent a lot of time in the backyard and at the park. Sadly, Grammy had to go witness the debacle that is the monthly Synagis injections. I'm so glad next month is the last one, because Vivien gets so upset. Grammy also relieved Daddy and me so that we could have a night out together. We didn't know how to act when we went out!
On Monday, the doc wanted to recheck Vivien since we had to stop antibiotics early. Sure enough, one of her ears was still infected. So onto the next antibiotic for another 10 days. Soooo irritating.
She's doing fine, and luckily, she doesn't complain about this new antibiotic (amoxicillin--which makes me gag when I smell it because it reminds me of childhood). School started back this week for both of us. I had to go back to mid-terms, and Vivien went back to learning about the sun and moon. She actually walked right into class without asking me to hold her. I had to call her back to come give me a kiss. Broke my heart and made me smile all at once. She really enjoys it there. Unfortunately, they don't have a summer program, so I am hoping that we can get her into another one that I visited yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment