Friday, March 21, 2008

Egg Hunt

My moms' group had an egg hunt today. We each brought 12 eggs (or more if we wanted our kids to search for more), and then they were dispersed. Loads of kids lined up and the leaders shouted, "On your marks, get set, go!" And everyone ran off in a mad dash! Except for Vivien. She stated to me that she was NOT going to run. The child simply does not like to be in public without a tight grip on my finger. So she sauntered along trying to find eggs. The other children were racing about, but Vivien had no sense of urgency. All of the eggs cleared out and we only had 9 in Vivien's basket (I brought 12). I was a little concerned, but then I saw someone throw some back so we got our last three. Well, it turns out that one of the organizers was looking at the pictures she took and noticed an unidentified man and his children. They had no Easter baskets and no one knew them, but apparently they crashed our egg hunt!!!! Several of our children ended up with fewer eggs than their parents brought. The nerve of some people!!! Here are some pics of Vivien's hunt....







After the egg hunt, we had a potluck lunch and then some time on the playground. When it was time to go, Vivien got mad and started to throw a fit. I walked away from her, so she ran across to me and hit me. In front of everyone. So I grabbed her and squatted down to tell her that she was out of line. But I lost my balance and fell onto the mulch. She then started leaning on me so that I couldn't stand back up. I finally got back up, but my fleece pants were holding on to the mulch for dear life. My friend tried to help me remove some of the mulch from my backside, but it didn't work so well. On the way back to the car, Vivien yelled, "I'M NOT SLEEPY! I'M NOT SLEEPY!" It was a long walk back. She then fell asleep in the car....

2 comments:

Dawn Endres said...

The egg hunt looks fun. Sorry I couldn't make it. How dare that guy steal y'all's eggs. Talk about rude! I'm sorry you fell. I'm glad you weren't hurt. Mine throw those fits too. I feel ya. That's funny she said I'm not tired and fell asleep anyway. hehe!

Samantha said...

Wow...the nerve of some people...how rude!

That precious girl of yours is just too cute! Don't you just love the "I'm not tired" and then the immediate falling asleep. So cute!

Hugs to you all!