Sunday, October 4, 2009

Open House

This week was very busy. Time really flies these days. On Monday, we had fun hanging out on a blanket in our front yard. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and the temperature was just right. We brought some toys and the camera out and soaked up the Vitamin D.

Vivien took this photo of herself.

We have this corral that goes with a tractor set Aunt Becky got Vivien for her 2nd birthday. Every time Silas sees it, he puts it around his neck (he does the same with my underwear when I'm in the shower...). On this particular morning, he also found his way to the easel and scraped dried paint bits out of the paint cup holders. Naturally, he then put the paint bits in his mouth. Top it off with footed pajamas and you have got the cutest little mischief-maker.

Vivien's school had open house on Tuesday night. We got to go in and see her classroom. The picture on the bottom right was one she painted.

The monkey in the middle is one she made.


On our way out, I had Jim snap a pic of the kids with me.

I'm still in the process of looking for a full-time job. I went to a career fair at my university on Wednesday. It was a total bust. Hopefully, I will find something soon. It has been pretty tough on me to go through this process.

When I was pregnant with Vivien, I bought Jim the Donkey from Shrek. He thought it was so funny. The Donkey talks. When we first showed it to Silas, he was not enthusiastic about it at all. He was under the impression that stuffed animals should not talk. But then he warmed up to it and now gives him hugs and kisses.

We turned Silas' carseat around this weekend. I wanted to hold out for as long as possible since it's safer to keep kids rear-facing, but he is very fussy in the car. Any trip over 15 minutes is miserable. I finally decided to give it a shot. If he's still miserable facing forward, we'll turn him back around. But if he is happier, then it is much safer to have a mom who isn't unnerved.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Great pictures! I hope this helps in the car.

Dina said...

love the pictures - good luck on the job hunt, my friend! hope something comes along soon!!