Friday, July 3, 2009

What Happens in June Stays in June

Time to wrap up June. Lately, Vivien doesn't like to have her picture taken.... That is, unless we are trying to take a picture of Silas. Then you can be sure she will try to jump in the middle of it. Little turkey.

I ordered some Kumon workbooks through my co-op group, and Vivien has been working on those. She still is working on properly holding a writing instrument. She gets pretty stubborn when I try to help her, so one of these days she will figure it out.

Silas was cracking me up with his whining. If I laughed, he would start laughing. He is starting to get dramatic, like his sister. He gets frustrated when we take things away from him or he can't reach something. We let Vivien eat breakfast in the living room and sort of gate her off. He will do everything he can to get around the gate. If he can't make it, he will blindly flail his arm around trying to get her plate. Notice in this video that Vivien comes running as soon as she realizes the camera is out.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Vivien had her first movie date. It started several weeks ago when she asked me if I thought Sebastian would want to watch Princess and the Pauper with her. She thought there were some scary-ish scenes that he would enjoy. I mentioned it to Amba, who jokingly passed it on to Sebastian. He was game. I kept forgetting to set it up, but he reminded Amba who reminded me. He is 7, for those keeping track. He and Vivien have been tight since she was born. He really watches out for her, and she thinks he hung the moon.

Sebastian had fun playing with the dogs. He was "teaching" them tricks like "sit" and responding to their names. Of course, they already know those things, but I wasn't going to tell him that. What is funny is that he was scared of Speedy for a long time. He called him a killer. This time he couldn't get enough of Speedy. And Speedy was all too happy to sit next to the popcorn.
It should also be noted that a couple of pieces of the kettle corn I made scorched. Sebastian gladly ate them all. He will make a good son-in-law.

They moved on to another movie: The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl

Silas, like the good brother, tried to crash the date.

On the 27th, Jim took Vivien to a Frisco Rough Riders game. His company had rainchecks from when they tried to go a couple of months ago. They had their own section and food as part of the deal.

This is Sarah and Addison. Sarah works with Jim. She and Vivien have been friends for a long time. Vivien is going to teach Addison how to be a big sister, since she is going to have a little brother in October.
Sarah asked Vivien if she was on a date with her daddy. Vivien told her, "No, because there are other people here." She said it with kind of a "duh" tone.


Vivien was practicing cheerleading, which she learned on Hannah Montana. It was in 3 parts, but somehow I got her to combine everything so that we could make this video. Previously, she would do all of the moves first. Then she would shake the maracas (normal cheerleading gear, of course). Finally, she would shout the words. I'm glad we were able to streamline the process.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

I love when I catch them snuggling in the chair.


This was so cute!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

1 comment:

Dina said...

I love hearing about your kids - they are so full of life and fun!! :)

Silas looks so different from just a couple of months ago - growing fast :(