Thursday, July 9, 2009

It's July Already?

Seriously, slow down. My son is going to be a year old in a few weeks. I'm not ready for this AT ALL!!!! We have been pretty busy trying to beat the heat. Texas summers leave a lot to be desired, to say the least.


Like all normal kids, my kids found themselves playing with a cardboard box and a plastic water bottle the other day. Who needs fancy toys? I had to nip this in the bud pretty quickly, as in no time, Silas was chewing on the box. As usual.

This is just precious.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

We went to Willowbend Mall the other day to get the kids out of the house. It was a total zoo and I was on edge with that many people around, but the kids had a great time. Silas is so different from Vivien. She wouldn't leave my side at a place like this until she was over 2 years old. He took off and didn't bother looking back to see where we were. He also stared down random people whose shoes looked tasty.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Afterward, we decided to get some ice cream. This was Silas' first taste of ice cream. Actually, it was frozen yogurt. Look at Jim's face. True to form of any parent feeding a baby, he has his mouth hanging open.

Best. Picture. Ever. Look at both of their faces. Priceless.

Classy ladies across the table from those messy men.

Monday, we went swimming at our friend, Courtney's house. The weather was nice and not too hot to be out. Vivien was not really interested in straying from the step. She finally gave in after it took her like 45 minutes to warm up to the idea.

I got to sneak some baby kisses. Yes, he was sitting in the recalled float. He's a second child, remember? Totally different rules.

Tuesday, Vivien and I made corn dog muffins. Sadly, she was not terribly impressed with the end result.

There is a girl on Dallas Area Moms that makes these knit hats. Her business is Beanies by Stacie. She ran a special that I just could not pass up. Here is Vivien's hat.

Mom, this is for you. My mom bought this outfit for Vivien when she was an infant because she knows I like Hawaiiana kitsch. Every summer she asks if it fits Vivien yet. This is the closest we've come. The pants fit this year, but the top is still a bit big. I think we need to take it to get altered. Check out her moves.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

Silas got a hat too, but this was the best pic I could get with him in it. His eyes take my breath away. Is he serious with those lashes?

Yesterday, I joined the Dallas Area Moms playdate at Henry's Homemade Ice Cream. Henry gave a presentation about how to make ice cream. Then we all got to eat some! Vivien had wedding cake flavor with rainbow sprinkles.

I had pineapple basil sorbet. Silas took a bite.

However, I don't think he was a fan of the cold.

Vivien was intentionally not cooperating in this pic. As usual.

I borrowed the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD from Amba. Vivien has done it with me several times. This morning she asked to do it, but I was not in the mood. So I let her do it by herself. I wish I could show all of the videos I took, but well, the push-ups aren't terribly appropriate for public viewing. Her are the hip stretches.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Vivien got this mask at a birthday party. Jim put it on at dinner one night. I posted the picture on Facebook. My mom showed the pic to Gillian and asked her if she knew who it was. Gillian identified that it was Jim. When mom asked her how she knew she said, "He always has that face." HA HA HA!!! She's 5.


Vivien believes every commercial she sees. When there is a product that catches her eye, she comes to me with the sales pitch. She is sold on the InStyler. Notice at the very beginning how she gives me the "duh" face. She does this several times a day. It's like she's already 13.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Dennis the Menace. This kid gets into everything. What he's not getting into, he's trying to eat. One day, as I was washing dishes, I looked over to see him standing on the dishwasher door hanging on to the top rack. I almost passed out.


It's a daily struggle for me to not completely smother this child with kisses. Good grief, he's precious.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


It's been a while since we took out Vivien's bike. It was a bit big for her last time we had it out, but this time she can reach the pedals. She totally rocked it. She's nowhere near taking off the training wheels, but we're in no rush.



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hehe, those last 3 photos are AWESOME!! :D :P

Love V doing exercise. Her outfit is spectacular!