Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Silas has RSV

I'm behind on blogging. I need to put my Thanksgiving post up, but I've been a bit busy with sick kiddos. Vivien has had some weird viral thing where she is lethargic and complains about her belly hurting. She hasn't had a fever or vomiting and it's been about a week. Jim took her to urgent care the other night because she fell asleep in the afternoon (not like her) and then as we were getting her dressed for ballet, she doubled over and said she needed to sit down. They determined it's just some funky virus. I was worried about her heart with her being so lethargic. She goes for her annual cardio visit next week, so we'll have a good look at what is going on there.

As for Mr. Silas... He started with a dry cough on Saturday night and it got worse by Sunday morning. I called the nurse line at our pediatrician and she said he probably had the cold we all have had recently. Luckily, I already had his 4-month well baby visit scheduled for yesterday, so the doc got to take a good listen. They did the RSV test and the doc and I saw a faint pink line on the test. Her nurses didn't see a line at all. It seems his case is mild. But he has an icky cough. We are treating him at home with breathing treatments. Poor little guy. He's been in good spirits, although today he was a bit fussy. I think the meds make him a bit jittery.

So of course, he gets his very own mask for the family nebulizer now. Welcome to the family, son. Isn't he so precious????



2 comments:

Susan said...

He is precious. They both are. Sorry for the sickies.

Bri said...

Poor kiddos but how cute are those pictures! I hope they feel better soon. We're fighting the RSV battle again this year too. Let's hope for a quick recovery for everyone.