Sunday, September 28, 2008

Highlights of the Week/ Firehouse Visit/ Heart Day on the Square

It's been a busy week around here as usual. Enjoy the pictorial!


Silas and I went strollerskating while Vivien was in school on Thursday. It was really fun and a major workout. I felt awesome afterward! Even more awesome that I didn't fall on my face and totally embarrass myself! By the way, your center of gravity changes between the time you are 6 and 31. Who knew?

I broke out the make-up for a little fun. I taught Vivien where everything goes and how to apply it. Don't you think she did a lovely job? Very understated, I think.

Here is my Little Bird. He is so sweet and loves to give us the cutest smiles.

The video below just melts my heart.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

My friend, Brenda, invited us to go on the fire station tour at the station near her house. Her daughter, Avery, is in Vivien's class at school plus our husbands work together. Fireman Jared needed an assistant to demonstrate Stop! Drop! And Roll! Vivien did a fine job!

She got to sit up in the firetruck!

Silas slept through the whole tour.

Here are the kids with Fireman Jared and Fireman Tony. Avery had a little crush on Fireman Tony. The moms had a little crush on Fireman Jared. Ha ha.

Yesterday was the annual Heart Day on the Square. It's a fundraiser for Congenital Heart Defect research. Mommy Jan came with us. Here she is with the kids before we left.

Enjoying a little snuggle time with Silas.

My good friend, Melody, and her beautiful girls came out to support the event again this year. Melody was pregnant with the little one at last years event.

Vivien enjoyed meeting the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders. I'm sure Daddy didn't mind meeting them either.

Mommy Jan was telling us what a good thrower Vivien was at the carnival games.

The rest of the pictures were stolen from my friend, Rebecca's blog. She and her awesome family came out to support the event also for the second year in a row. Here is a picture of the balloon release in memory of the children who lost their battles with CHDs.
Photobucket

Vivien did the Euro-bungee again this year.
Photobucket

Handsome, just like his Daddy.
Photobucket

This is Rebecca's handsome guy, Luken.
Photobucket

And her gorgeous daughter, Keeley.
Photobucket

We are so grateful to our friends for coming out and supporting such an important cause to our family. :)

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Great pictures! Love Vivien's makeup!

It was great seeing you on Saturday!!!

Many hugs,
Samantha

Rebecca said...

Dirty rotten thief, you! LOL!

We had fun! :D