Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Beginning of the summer/DMA

So it's June. Seriously. We started the weekend with some baking and outdoor play. The baking was due to the fact that I got a great deal on blueberries only to have Vivien claim she no longer likes them. Par for the course. I don't really like raw blueberries, so I decided we should make muffins. I found a healthy banana blueberry muffin recipe. They were pretty good!



Jim inflated the pool. After about 5 minutes of leaning over the side holding Silas in (it was way too cold for either adult to want to get in there), Jim got the idea to put water in the empty sandbox. It was such a good idea! Silas had a blast in there. We had a good laugh because we used one of his diaper covers for a swim diaper. Those suckers hold so much water. When we took it off, about a cup of water fell out.


Silas has a new trick. We were a bit behind on teaching him this one, but it's cute nonetheless.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


We had a family trip to the library Sunday afternoon. We picked up Superfudge, a childhood favorite of mine. Jim usually reads to Vivien at bedtime, but I asked if I could take on the duty for this book. He happily obliged. The first night, she decided that she was not going to be very nice, so we didn't read anything. Monday night, she said she wanted her dad to read. I was feeling dejected. After all, my mom had read it to me and I wanted to read it to my children. As she was going to bed, she changed her mind and asked me if I would read it to her. We read the first chapter and she giggled along to the cute story.

This morning, we trekked down to downtown Dallas in the rain. Traffic was horrible. The Dallas Museum of Art has free admission and kid activities on the first Tuesday of each month. But parking is $10. One of the women from Dallas Area Moms said she would be taking the free trolley from the West Village. The parking there is free too. We decided to give it a shot. It was a fun adventure for both of the kids.

Vivien refused to look a the camera for this one...

We got to the DMA a little early, so we meandered with our group over to the Trammell Crow museum for a few minutes. I love this fountain.

Vivien made a music shaker.

Silas enjoyed the tasty stroller.

He also found the boxes to be quite interesting.

We had a lot of fun on our adventure. I'm glad I was able to catch up with the group instead of us trying to do the trolley alone on the way there. I would have been so lost. We did the trolley alone on the way back and luckily, we survived. It was a fun day!

4 comments:

Jacki said...

I'm so glad you made it back okay. I was a little worried, and when you didn't text message I figured you were either dead, or home safely. ;)

Dina said...

what a fun day! love those kids of yours! :)

Dina said...

in case you come across another great deal on blueberries :)
http://fortheloveofcooking-recipes.blogspot.com/2009/06/blueberry-crumb-bars.html

Sarah Greenman said...

I love V in front of the fountain. It was great to see you!